I seem to constantly tweaking this, trying to get it just right. I guess what that means is this page is always going to be a work in progress…
By vocation, I am a bit of a modern day digital alchemist, perhaps more properly I am a technologist.
As such, I find myself in an intriguing paradox, harboring a deep skepticism towards the very field I am immersed in. This seemingly contradictory stance has, however, shaped a unique personal approach to my profession. It’s this approach that has steered my journey through the dynamic landscape of technology for over three decades.
Guiding my career is the conviction that technology should transcend its own existence, serving a purpose that extends beyond mere functionality. This conviction is inextricably linked with my personal values, which assert that our technology should act as a catalyst, amplifying our potential and enriching the human condition.Technology solely for its own sake is merely silicone-snake-oil, a recipe for failure that risks creating discontinuity and dehumanization. I strive to leverage technology to transcend the limitations of the human experience and create solutions that are both practical and meaningful.
I believe that technology is not a solution in and of itself; rather, it can play a key role in people-centric solutions that improve our quality of life, fuel our curiosity, and promote innovation.
To enable genuine transformation whether at the individual, family, tribal, or organizational level, we must be willing to embrace new perspectives, to think differently about how, when, where, and why we do the work we do. Once we have a clear understanding of these elements, we can harness the vast potential of the digital world, in all its myriad of constantly evolving forms, to better serve one another.
My personal and career philosophy is founded on the following values:
- I believe that that one person can change the world.
- I believe that diversity is the key to our successes as human beings.
- I believe in courage and personal sacrifice.
- I believe in the arts.
- I believe in love in all of its myriad forms.
- I believe equity is a verb.
- I believe that a woman’s body is her own.
- I believe in curiosity.
- I believe that we are not alone in this universe.
- I believe in honor.
- I believe in giving grace to others as well as myself.
- I believe that mistakes are opportunities to learn.
- I believe in free speech.
- I believe in resistance.
- I believe that black lives matter.
- I believe in magic.
- I believe in questioning the status quo.
- I believe in justice for all.
- I believe in the importance of wyld places.
- I believe in science.
Above all else however, I believe kindness.
These values form the core of my being, serving as the unshakeable foundation of my identity. I am committed to living these principles, infusing them into every facet of my existence.